My band needs a logo, help me out!
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $50
- Entries Received: 3
- Winner: nestoraraujo
Hi there freelancers!
I'm looking for someone to help design the logo for my band, Periapsis.
The winner of this contest will have the opportunity to do some further design work for me creating colour versions, T-shirt designs and perhaps even a website among others.
What I'm looking for:
• Something simple but recognisable
• Something mono (for now). Black and white is perfect, though the winner may be asked to elaborate into colour versions later
EDIT: I say mono but there are some great ideas utilising 2 colours which is cool. But what we're looking for is a super simple cut out for now, no shading.
• Ideally something which combines the name of the band with a separate logo (like the Periphery example below).
• Something which reflects our genre: we're making prog rock/metal, so we're looking for something to match, something clean and modern.
• Something which perhaps relates to the definition of our name:
○ Periapsis: (Noun) the point in the path of an orbiting body at which it is nearest to the body that it orbits.
• The winner will need to provide source drawings in a Photoshop compatible format (ideally PSD).
• The winner will also need to provide any font files used in the logo design.
○ I need full use of the logo once complete so no proprietary fonts!
Examples of logos I like:
• Periphery: [login to view URL]
○ I really like that they have created a unique 'P' which is so easily recognisable
• Tool: [login to view URL]
○ Love how this logo has plenty of space but forms one continuous image. This image can be both the logo and the name all in one.
• Kanivool: [login to view URL]
○ Nothing too crazy here but it's effective none the less.
• Radiohead: [login to view URL]
○ Another one with text and a square-sized logo which is easily recognisable.
• Gojira: [login to view URL]
○ This one is a little 'scratchy' for our application but I like it none the less
• Caligula's Horse: [login to view URL]
○ Love this one, only would like something a bit more legible
• Birds of Tokyo: [login to view URL]
○ Simple but effective
• Massive Attack: [login to view URL]
○ Again, a bit messy for us but I like it.
• Muse: [login to view URL]
○ Simple but effective, name and logo all in one.
• Nine Inch Nails: [login to view URL]
○ Love this one as well. Love the random backwards letters
This is my first time using freelancer or anything like it so I hope I'm doing it right! I'm open to any questions or comments.
“Quality work, quick to respond, very happy thanks!”