Sample page for Children's picture book
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $180
- Entries Received: 22
- Winner: carlabms
Illustration Directions - Follow the directions closely!
The Beauty of Dance is story about a baby girl who mysteriously washes up on a beach, and later grows to become one of the greatest dancers in the world. Her inspiration comes from the incredible love she feels when she dances. In the end, she surprisingly vanishes while performing, leaving her love of dance to all the little dancers of the world. This is a story about high-vibration love. The page you will be illustrating is the climax of the story.
Please illustrate the following:
1. One 2-page spread (8.25” x 20.25”). Scroll to the bottom of this link to see a ‘Layout View’ example: http://www.josephdrumheller.com/J&[url removed, login to view]
2. Text: Text must start on the left page. Use Palatino font. Use the text below.
3. Ballerina’s age: About 30
4. Ballerina’s features and face: Dancer body (thin), blonde hair, blue eyes. See photo #3 below for rough idea.
5. Hair style: Dancer’s bun
6. Pose: See photo #1 below.
7. Setting: Stage in theater. See photo #2 below for a very rough idea.
8. Costume: Beautiful ballet skirt or tutu.
9. Camera Angle: An angle that shows the ballerina and at least a few shocked faces in the audience.
10. More Details:
a. Have the ballerina floating in the air, in the pose from photo #1. She is suspended about half way up to the ceiling, above the center of the stage, facing the audience.
b. Light is brightly shinning all around her and from her heart. She is about ready to transform into brilliant white light.
c. Have a beam of light coming down from above, like pixie dust. Divine light, not a spot light.
d. She is the only dancer on the beautiful stage.
e. Have the audience looking on, in shock and awe.
11. Have fun!
Use this text:
The very next day
She went back to work
She vowed not to shirk
She opened her heart
And danced beyond brave
Each ounce of her soul
She left on that stage
The crowd was entranced
Enraptured in awe
Shocked and dismayed
By what they all saw
She rose toward the sky
And there in plain sight
Miss Beauty transformed
To brilliant white light
“Well done, all the way around!”
josephdrumheller, United States.