Mastercam 9 CAD/CAM Software
This project received 8 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $141 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Please check !!
You will download the provided file and add to the name, your own name. It is basic 2D geometry that will need a few things created to make it functional.
1. Take out a sheet of paper and sketch the 2D geometry from the Top View. (This way you can see what you are working with)
2. Now, come up with a minimum of 5 different products that you machine from that 2D geometry and quickly sketch them so you visualize what they will look like. All geometry must be used therefore you can't just face the top off and say it is one product and You CAN NOT ADD geometry.
3. Bonus: If you can come up with a 6th product, you will receive bonus points.
4. You now need to choose the Mill Default machine, set your stock (length and width) and the thickness will be [url removed, login to view]".
5. Your tools will be Tool #1 = 0.5" or [url removed, login to view]" flat endmill, Tool #3 = [url removed, login to view]" and Tool #5 = a face mill. (You will have a facemill depth of [url removed, login to view]" for each toolpath group.)
6. Your raw material choice should be Plastic-ABS.
7. You will create a Toolpath Group for each product and name them Product 1, Product 2 and so on.
8. Under each toolpath group, you will choose your toolpaths (face, contour, pocket, drill, etc...) in order to machine the product.
9. This is ONE file, with multiple part toolpaths. Remember, we did this on the Smile/Frown project.
This exam is all about visualizing WHAT you want to remove as material to create your finished product. You need to know what the product looks like before you set a plan into place to machine it.
Hint: If you have paid attention to things in your book and experimented with copying toolpaths into other toolpath groups and deleting chains and rechaining...you will have no problem completing this exercise in just a few minutes.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online