This document may be privileged and/or confidential, and the author does not waive any related rights and obligations. It is intended only for the bidders of http://www.freelancer.com. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify the author and do not copy or disseminate it in any manner. By reading this note, along with opening any additional files pertaining to this project, you hereby agree to all applicable Non Disclosure Agreements.
Popformance has developed a digital gauge cluster set unique to a few specific vehicles. This gauge cluster will replace, and/or add to existing OEM Instruments. We need you to do the following.
Design Visual Gauge Display
There are two LCD Screens. The two screens will be noted in this message body as follows:
Large Screen – Viewable area is 320x167 pixels
Small Screen – Viewable area is 160x128 pixels
Each LCD Screen will require a series of potential automotive gauge layouts. These layouts can display the following gauges, but are not limited to
- Oil Pressure
- Boost Pressure
- Oil Temperature
- Coolant Temperature
- Fuel Level
For the Large Screen, the user can select any combination of up to 3 gauges, unless your design warrants the inclusion of additional gauges.
For the Small Screen, the user can select any combination of up to 2 gauges, unless your design warrants the inclusion of additional gauges.
Attached are two Adobe Photoshop CS3 created PSD Files indicating the size, placement and basic visual appearance of what the gauge will be in its respective locations. The Image layers in the PSD file are indicated as follows:
- Screen (Showing either the large screen or small screen and placement in relation to the viewable area. The black area represents the active area of the LCD Screen)
- Viewable Area (Showing the viewable area and the outward restrictions. The Grey represents the blocked areas)
Your additional layers will have the successive titles of “Layer ” + n. For Example
All additional Layers will require comments.
Large Screen: 2.4" Viewable Area, 320x240 native resolution, approximately 166dpi
Small Screen: 1.8" Viewable Area, 160x128 native resolution, approximately 116dpi
Please note, in real world perspective the actual restricted viewable area for both screens is no greater than 54mm Width x [url removed, login to view] Height
You may set your Rulers to Millimeters in Photoshop as it is the same as real world dimensions. Printing this file will yield the actual size at 100% printing aspect ratio.
Please see the following files:
- Large [url removed, login to view]
- Small [url removed, login to view]
What is needed from you:
We need you to design the following layouts:
- User has 1 gauge selected for the Large Screen
- User has 2 gauges selected for the Large Screen
- User has 3 gauges selected for the Large Screen
- User has 1 gauge selected for the Small Screen
- User has 2 gauges selected for the Small Screen
All layouts should be provided in both PSD to show its placement regarding the Viewable Area, and in separate PNG files indicating the individual layers. Both the PSD file and PNG files should be presented in actual dimensions, the same as what’s provided to you.
All fonts with appropriate sizes.
Unfortunately the overall dimension of the viewable area is small, and does not warrant too much detail. All designs and fonts suggested should be of appropriate size where the user can read it easily within 4 feet away from the gauge.
- At any point throughout the project, you agree to send me updates of the gauges upon request.
- Not to send these designs to any other person before, during or after development
A copy of this note is attached to this post named, "Gauge Cluster Design.docx"