MS Access VBA Code import csv. log files in table
- Status Completed
- Budget €8 - €30 EUR
- Total Bids 24
I have some files (one for each month) which I want to use in a MS Access DB.
- The csv file is a log file with entries every 5 minutes
- each month a new csv file is created, name: [yyyy_mm].csv
- The files needs to be imported on button click (manually) into one access table
- csv file has a timestamp (can be used as ID) and each column in csv file has a corresponding column in access table
- samples of csv files and Database will be provided
- for Use in MS Access 2016 and Windows 10
- no Use of separate files
On Button click:
- lookup last entry in access table (e.g. by using timestamp)
- check if csv file has new entries (=rows)
- if yes, only values of NEW entries need to be added to access table
- on month change, last month entries also need to be added to table first
- identify corresponding columns by name (not by order). If csv file has more or non corresponding columns, display msgbox
- change number format: csv is formatted english (decimal separator is "."), access is formatted german (decimal separator is ",")
- if a value in csv file is "NULL", import value in access needs to be "0"
Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online