CPA or Tax Attorney needed for US Income Tax Planning Consultation - 20180428C 20180817R

Need income tax advice for the 2x situations below.


Retired married couple (both US citizens) are expected to have rental income and capital gains. While the rental income is somewhat offset by deductions related to the rental properties, there are not much capital losses to offset the capital gains. The capital gains are significantly more than the rental income. What deductions or strategies are available to help reduce the impact of the capital gains?


Non-resident alien (NRA) has real estate in the US, which recently suffered water damage. NRA anticipates receiving insurance settlements for the condo water damage cases. Based on our understanding, individuals no longer get a deduction for attorney fees, which will be significant given that these are contingency cases.

- Can NRA claim this is a real estate investment business given that he is planning to sell the property? NRA is currently restoring the condo for the purpose of selling it.

- Can NRA classify this business as NRA's sole proprietorship, or must NRA create a new business entity for the business to be recognized?

- We believe that the insurance settlements may affect the condo's basis. But will the insurance proceeds also have to be included as NRA's ordinary income in the current year?

- In light of the recent tax reform, what real estate deductions are available for US real estate owned by NRAs? For example, home mortgage interest, property tax, repairs, improvements, etc.

- Similarly, what transactions will affect basis for US real estate owned by NRAs? For example, home mortgage interest, property tax, repairs, improvements, etc.

To be considered, candidates must be familiar with US tax law and should provide their credentials (including either CPA license or bar license information). Preference will be given to candidates with experience with California tax law and/or Taiwan tax law. Thank you.

Skills: Accounting, Legal, Property Law, Tax, Tax Law

See more: attorney needed legal contracts wills, cpa approval needed, cpa accounts needed, difference between tax lawyer and tax accountant, what is a cpa attorney, tax lawyer vs tax accountant, cpa attorney near me, tax attorney vs cpa salary, cpa tax attorney near me, cpa attorney salary, estate planning cpa vs lawyer, cpa account needed, cpa graphics needed, cpa offers needed, cpa attorney letter, cpa leads needed, cpa leads needed client legitimate revenue sharing, 500 cpa leads needed, patent attorney needed, email submit cpa lead needed

About the Employer:
( 9 reviews ) Los Angeles, United States

Project ID: #17673855

7 freelancers are bidding on average $892 for this job


Dear Sir/Madam, I am well Versed US licensed CPA, an IRS Authorized E-file Income Tax-Provider with Extensive Business and Taxation Advisory Experience, Qualified to assist you with A Tax Consultation or any othe More

$799 USD in 10 days
(73 Reviews)
$1500 USD in 7 days
(68 Reviews)

Dear Valued Employer, I can add value to your project, by suggesting new ideas. I am fast and reliable. For further understanding why I am the right firm for your project, kindly check my profile, reviews, rating and More

$1000 USD in 10 days
(64 Reviews)

We are an established Certified Public Accountants firm since 2008 based in India. We are a team of two CPA's & six Chartered Accountants. We currently offer services to overseas clients based in USA, Australia, Cana More

$555 USD in 10 days
(23 Reviews)

I am a Certified Public Accountant with several years of progressive experience in Tax, general accounting including Financial Statement preparation, budgeting and forecasting.  Tax preparation during tax season (104 More

$805 USD in 10 days
(5 Reviews)

Hello, Thank You for Reviewing my Proposal. I Am Certified Public Accountant and i received a Certified Public Accountant license from the State of Texas. Done Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree in More

$750 USD in 10 days
(11 Reviews)

Hello, I am a CPA and know both US and California tax rules. I also know US international tax rules and treaties. I can provide you the consulting services you request based upon the situations below. I have been More

$833 USD in 10 days
(5 Reviews)