Here at [login to view URL] we are looking for travel writers to develop a series of travel guides for capital European and high tourism cities in Europe and Asia. The guides will be used in an app that is designed from Mandarin speaking travellers. The app is map based, and a part of completing the guide will be identifying points of interest in your city and suggesting walks routes to see them.
A completed guide includes the following components - a nice mix of writing, taking photos and walking your city to make sure that whatever you recommend is suitable for Chinese travellers:
- Written chapters as per the [login to view URL] guide lines. An example of the chapters includes About the City, Arts & Culture, Food & Wine, Entertainment, Outdoors & Nature, Useful Information and Frequently Asked Questions
- Suggested walking routes; minimum of 6, maximum of 10 & a brief description of each
- Suggest day tours/identify safe and reliable companies
- A list of points of interest in your city. There is to be a minimum of 100, maximum of 200 and you will need to provide 5-10 original photos for each point of interest. We have an in house team of writers who will research and write the points of interest, we need you to identify and photograph them!
- 10 Magazine style articles from our list of subjects. All articles to be circa 800 words and original photos to be provided
You must be living in the city that you are writing about and know it well, and we will ask for examples of your past work.
All submissions are to be made in English.
You will be asked to complete a final edit of the points of interest once they are written.
All work must be original and our editorial staff with check for plagiarism from other web sites or information sources.
Google Translate cannot be used when submitting written material.