We're an e-commerce platform aspiring to become more media-oriented (think Buzzfeed mixed with shopping). We're looking for a talented content creator to help our brand grow and execute our content strategy. You’ll manage our social media accounts and website content day-to-day and work with our CEO/CMO along with our video production team to take our brand to a new level. The candidate we're going to be picking will be open-minded, have excellent communication skills, and a deep understanding of media, culture, and trends in general.
This is a role for someone who can take on a lot of responsibilities and can keep up with the cadence of a young, dynamic start-up. He or she will be the person behind all the content produced on our website and social media platform.
- Write articles about new trendy product ideas and other trends in many different categories such as home & kitchen, health & beauty, gadgets & electronics, and more
- Write e-mail sequences to our readers and captivate them with new product ideas, tips, and updates on what we're up to
- Research new trends and collaborate with the video production team and designers to produce viral content - write scripts, come up with storyboards, etc...
- Write product descriptions & social media captions
- Increase our reach on Facebook & Instagram by sharing content, learning about the community
The ideal candidate:
- Is highly creative combined with good organization skills
- Combine the art of creating content with a data-driven approach when it comes to analyzing content performance
- Has experience with creating viral content on social media
- Knows basic video editing techniques
- Understands the social web and relevant copyright law
Along with your cover letter, please provide:
- 3 references of past employers with contact information (e-mail or Skype).
- top 3 pieces of content you wrote (articles, e-mails)
Ongoing freelance project. Full-time.
15 freelancers are bidding on average $343 for this job
We have a experienced team of 5 content writers of 6-7 years of experience in the field. We can take on a lot of responsibilities and can keep up your work.