The power of Collaboration in supply chain in Petroleum Development Oman LLC
Aims and Objectives
Supply chain collaboration enables both the client and the contractor to achieve better performance. It requires close arrangements of collaborative practices among the participating members. Collaboration in supply chain in the long term aims to create superior service Capabilities through the setting of joint priorities and sharing of capabilities. Also, it helps gaining more flexibility by combining and sharing capabilities in both vertical and horizontal manners.
• Vertical collaboration occurs when two or more organisations such as the manufacturer, the distributor, the carrier, and the retailer share their responsibilities, resources, and performance information to serve relatively similar end customers. Several examples are Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), Efficient Customer Response (ECR), and Collaborative, Planning, Forecasting, and Replenishment (CPFR).
• Horizontal collaboration occurs when two or more unrelated or competing organisations cooperate to share their private information or resources such as joint distribution centres between two retailers/operators.
In this research I will consider the following:
1. The important factors of collaboration - financial and operational, supply chain processes, information sharing and degree of collaboration.
2. Searching for better practices and ideas that lead to superior performance means that the chain members also need to benchmark their current collaborative practices to other collaborative supply chains.
To present Positive collaboration-related outcomes include enhancements to efficiency, effectiveness, and market positions for the respondents
Summarise into reasons for collaboration, patterns of collaborative achievement, and comparisons of collaborative practices between low and high performers.
Highlight the best practices of collaboration with different degrees of importance in attaining better operational performance.
There room of improving the collaboration opportunities in PDO, and how to outcome can be implemented in PDO.
The right tools to be in place for the successful collaboration and the type of data that should be available to enable both parties to enable the right collaboration methods.
- 10,000 words Project
- All the details are attached , other information such ( supported document about our company PDO, and others ) will shear it with you latter.
Project Surgery 1 (18, 19 and 20 Sep2018) - Done
Project Surgery 2 (16, 17 and 18 Oct2018)
Project Surgery 3 (13, 14 and 15 Nov2018)
Project Submission 16th Dec2018
ORAL Presentation March 2019 (TBC)
• Project Surgery helps us track the progress to ensure we keep focussed in the right direction ( attached - Project Guidance- Page 29 of 6 ).
• Project Surgery 1- Done and the outcome is attached, the below are the summery of the surgery 1
To start with helicopter overview of where can PDO collaborate ( Category /suppliers)
To illustrate the nature of collaboration with the top supplier in PDO and the nature of collaboration with low value suppliers
Do survey ( Internally & externally ) about the calibration and I will populate it among the suppliers and internal stakeholders and for you to demonstrate the results.
What is important to PDO? ( PESTEL/PORTERS)
Map the opportunities ( where to collaborate and if not, why not )
We can use the below to examples:
1. Water treatment projects ( high value- good calibration – strategic contract for long term)
2. Any simple project in PDO with ( low value – operational contract – celebration is to low with bad impact)
Comparison Vs other companies/ Industry
17 freelancers are bidding on average $649 for this job
Hello sir, topacademicse will give you the best work for the power of Collaboration in supply chain in petroleum development Oman .kindly discuss details regards Rashid.
I am expert at data entry jobs. I am a Statistics graduate and specialize in Research projects. Time effective and keen to details with expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word.