I'm looking for somebody who is a Christian / experienced in working with Christians.**
I recently launched an online service business called Accelerate, a service for Christians that summarizes 8 books every month. Launched in August, Accelerate has 1,000 members -- half of them being monthly, paying subscribers. ([login to view URL])
However, since the launch of Accelerate, the quick growth has brought in more work than I can handle by myself, as feedback (both positive and negative) continues to pour in.
One main reason for the quick initial growth of Accelerate was our playful, follower-centric engagement style that created a loyal following. In the time I spent cultivating our community (16,000 email subscribers, 12,000 Instagram followers, etc.), I would personally respond to all emails to our readers' pleasant surprise.
Unfortunately, I underestimated the initial work Accelerate would require and I quickly became overwhelmed and the emails piled up by the dozens. I fell behind schedule and -- not realizing that Accelerate was being run by a single person -- our users began growing uneasy at the lack of updates and infrequent communication. By the third month, I became so emotionally exhausted, I had to step away from the business.
After taking some time to re-evaluate, I've realized that I desperately need to build a world-class team around me to help me take Accelerate to the next level. One crucial team member I need is a Community Manager.
I need an exceptional Community Manager to continue to cultivate (to recultivate, at this point) a delightful customer experience and help Accelerate reach its full potential.
Since Accelerate is a startup, this role & process is still being defined (it will be all online. No phone). However, the role will grow as the business does (both in scope and in pay), until together, we build a sustainable, predictable process. I'm looking for somebody who:
- is familiar with Christianity (and preferably with reformed theology and books)
- has excellent communication skills (both with staff and customers)
- is an independent, resourceful thinker who takes initiative to suggest & make changes
- is a friendly people-person that enjoys making customers excited and happy
- has a strong command of the English language for email correspondence
- can handle and diffuse challenging, sticky situations with tactfulness
- enjoys new challenges and solving problems
- is organized and able to manage a future cust. support team
It'd also be a nice bonus if you are familiar with the following services / platforms:
- Slack & Google Drive
- Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Below is a link to our current FAQ and a list of issues that we receive in our inbox.
Link to FAQ: [login to view URL]
List of Potential Issues that need responding to:
- Customer wants a refund or to cancel subscription
- Customer is upset about lack of updates (currently the most popular in our inbox sadly)
- Customer lost or forgot password / can't log in
- Customer is asking about feature updates
- Customer notices a grammatical error
- Customer wants to know more about our theological background
- Customer is happy and simply wants to encourage / pray for us
- Customer is angry at a particular book choice because said author is a heretic (in their opinion)
- Customer loves Accelerate and wants to know if there are discounts
- Customer does not like Accelerate. Thinks it's for lazy people and feels the need to tell us.
As the face of the Accelerate Brand, the Community Manager will helpfully, politely, and at times, humorously, respond to these varying situations.
Regarding the pay, I've tentatively set it for $500 / month given my limited budget for Accelerate. However, this will increase as Accelerate grows -- thanks to your Customer Loyalty Building superpower!
27 freelancers are bidding on average $505 for this job
Hi!I believe am the right person for the job.I am a Christian and due to my five year's customer care experience at an international bank.I will deliver. Kindly assign me this task.