Opportunity for an Administrative Assistant/Contract Manager
General Contractor in Baltimore County is currently seeking a detail oriented administrative professional with a background in construction to join our team. You should have the ability to work independently in a dynamic environment and possess a thorough knowledge of generally accepted business practices. If you are an ambitious and a team player, please send resume' today!
1. Typing AIA Contracts
2. Assist during the bidding process by helping with vendor set-up and bid packages.
3. Set up project files including paper and electronic systems.
4. Typing Subcontracts and purchase orders as well as insuring all documentation is complete.
5. Assist Project managers in creating and processing both owner and subcontractor change orders.
6. Assist in maintaining project plans and plan logs.
7. Assist Project managers in creating and maintaining all project documentation including transmittals, shop drawings, RFI's, submittals, meeting minutes.
8. Assist Project Managers in acquiring and maintaining project close-out documents including warranty certificates and as-builts.
9. Maintain company email.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Minimum of three years previous work experience in construction as administrative assistant, project coordinator or contracts manager.
The successful candidate will be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment and must possess the following qualifications:
1. Excellent computer skills -- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Strong and pleasant telephone and interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal professionally with vendors, sub-contractors and co-workers on the phone and in person.
4. Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to proof one's own work as well as the work of others.
5. Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up on and carry multiple projects through to completion.
6. Ability to work independently, prioritize work and ask for further clarification when necessary.
30 freelancers are bidding on average $1220 for this job
I have over 10years experience in working for a accountancy professional firm in the UK. Relevant Skills and Experience Working with both small to medium sized clients in all areas including construction.