We are a leading comparison platform and have an exciting opportunity for an associate editor to join our creative and dedicated team.
Reporting to our Editor-in-Chief based in Sydney, you will be responsible for:
* Localising copy to make it relevant for a Hong Kong audience
* Writing content according to a brief
* Sub-editing copy into UK English
* Editing copy in Wordpress
* Fact checking
* Rewriting as required
* Coming up with stellar headlines and captions
* Currently residing in Hong Kong (or close) or have lived there most of your adult life
* Excellent communication skills
* Able to work with Wordpress
* Basic HTML knowledge
* Formatting and design experience
* On-page SEO experience
The person we are looking for will:
* Be available immediately
* Be available for up to 15 hours per week
* Have experience in online content
* Demonstrate a solid understanding of grammar and a love of the written word
* Work well under pressure
* Be able to adhere to tight deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail
* A genuine passion for financial and lifestyle content will be highly regarded
Testimony from one of our newest members:
"I've always struggled with finding meaning in my work. I've always managed to keep myself busy, earning a good keep, but it was always just delivering outputs that I never know if they've made any sort of difference.
When I answered a job post on Upwork about the publishing support position, I thought it was gonna be another data entry job - mechanical and boring stuff. I was prepared for it, because to be honest, as long as it's long term and stable, I will wing it. Little did I know that what I will find is something that I've been looking for for so long. Finally, I get to do, learn and contribute into something I've struggled to undertake in the last few years.
I'm just absolutely blown away, and I can't wait to contribute in meaningful ways in my time here. Thank you thank you thank you."