I need a 100 Page Write up explaining what Transformer, Power Conditioner, autotransformers are. How they work, how they are designed, how they are used and schematic drawings of the windings. This will be used as training for new electrical engineers.
show some diagrams and schematic drawings of the transformers and their output. I need explanations of the issues of getting the right output and how taps are used.
I also need some data in graphs to show the differences. I will require schematic drawings as well of the windings and how the taps play in.
thoroughly covers autotransformer use, design, characteristics, limitations and a new design for high voltage brushless autotransformer. This will require technical drawings of autotransformers and their windings. The autotransformer has many uses and applications including the starting of induction motors, used to regulate the voltage of transmission lines, and can be used to transform voltages when the primary to secondary ratio is close to unity.
Autotransformers vary from traditional transformers because they only have one winding. Portions of the single winding act as primary and secondary windings. The winding has multiple taps which allow you to manipulate your output voltage from an input voltage. To change taps automatically, motorized controls are utilized to automate this process. There are two main types of control, step control, and continuous control.
1) Need to draw figures. The figures drawn should be easy to integrate into a word document. Visio is a Microsoft product, easily integrates into Word. I will draw single phase transformer and explain how switching taps allows the output regulation of the AC voltage. Also, the continuous adjustment using variable transformers, commonly known as “Variac”, can be shown.
2) The next step would be to explain what the methods are used to get a constant AC voltage at the secondary of the transformer. Historically this is done manually until motorized controls were introduced. The transformer taps are connected using the variable arm driven by a stepper motor. The power and voltage levels do not have limitation for these regulators.
3) There are 2 types of voltage controls, step control, and continuous control.
a. The step control is achieved by having primary taps on the transformer.
b. The continuous control is achieved using, commonly known as “Variac”. It is, in fact, a wound transformer with the winding exposed. On the exposed winding a carbon brush makes the variable contact. The size of the Variac has limitations however. Therefore, larger power Variac devices are made using a parallel/series combination of Variacs. The other disadvantage of Variac is that it has carbon brush contact, which wears out and needs periodic maintenance.
4) The step control or the continuous variable controls can be motorized and the output regulation is achieved automatically using logic controls.
5) Step control can also be achieved using SCRs.
6) When the power handling of the transformer taps is done with the SCRs, the limitation of voltage and current ratings come into play. At levels above 500kVA and voltages beyond 600Vac, the SCR devices don’t work.
7) Explain SCR limitations
14 freelancers are bidding on average $29/hour for this job
hi sir i am student of MSc. I have done BSc electrical(power) I am very good in my field. I can give you best work. I already did many similar writting task.
I have a diverse experience when it comes to electronic circuit design, as i have a profound engineering background. Kindly review my PORTFOLIO, i can get the job done thanks!