I'm a business / marketing consultant, with too much work.
What I don't enjoy is managing Odesk coders / designers / etc to implement things.
So I need someone with lots of marketing experience who can help manage projects, and particularly deal with my Odesk team.
- I arrange with Client a revamp of their website and to build their email list
- I'd love you to to have enough tech knowledge to manage the designer / coder, or find a wordpress template, or even come up with your own ideas about how the site should operate
- I'd love you to have the marketing experience to help me with ideas on building the email list, creating better landing pages, and optimising their Adwords campaign
- Anything you DON'T know (eg; you may know little about A/B testing), that's okay. I can help, or we can hire someone else on Odesk to do that. But you'd be looking after the overall direction of the plans I put in place.
- I then have more time to get more clients, build an Odesk team, etc.
While your marketing experience is more important than your technical experience, if you have a tech-head as well, then you'll be at the top of my list. Having tech knowledge means working with an Odesk coder to build a site, or improve rankings, or whatever is easier... because you have both the marketing and tech knowledge to work directly with them.
Price range: $15 - $40 per hour. If you have very little or no work history at a rate of at least $15 per hour, you will be rejected. If you are over $30 per hour then you'll need really impress upon me why you are worth it.
I've learned that I really need someone in Australia, maybe NZ. Time timezone different of US applicants, and even the subtle cultural gaps make it hard to flesh out ideas properly.
There's lots of room for you to do more of what you love, and less of what you hate. If you turn out to be an amazing writer or awesome at strategy, then I'll get you doing those things.
Types of work:
- how to help an existing business get into social media
- developing a brand personality
- helping someone maximise their email list
- making outreach more automated / efficient
- keyword research and competitor analysis
As mentioned, if you have skills in the technical / implementation side of online marketing, then great - you'll be a preferred candidate. So specific skills in these areas would be great:
- SEMRush, Moz, other keyword research tools
- Adwords, Facebook Ads, other advertising platforms
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, other social media platforms
- HTML, PHP, other 'tech' stuff is a bonus
- Photoshop, Illustrator would be a bonus
- Other tech things like APIs, databases, etc
Please understand that initially at least, you won't be managing your own projects. I'll start by giving small jobs or jobs we can both work on and over time you'll be given more independence.
To apply... impress me by talking about your non-technical background / experience to do with building online businesses, what your favourite colour is, and then what technical skills you have.