We are an established Australian company thats has been running for over 10 years. We are looking for a dynamic developer who has real world 'experience' in live 'enterprise' CRM applications - and working for a highly energised employer.
We are looking for a full time developer to join us on a long term basis.
About the job:
The job will consist of 40% support and maintaining of legacy code and 60% building new code and features.
The high level plan is to:
1) Understand the code base (backend, frontend) of existing project and get the overall picture of current functionality, including breaking points and items which need to be completed/improved.
2) Be prepared to refactor parts of current code and split it into "app" layer and "web UI" layer.
3) Analyze the scope/tech specs/requirements and prepare the base for functional branches of new project which is cross-platformed.
4) Prepare yourself to work in framework with changing requirements.
Please only respond to the job if you have the following MUST HAVE requirements.
- Strong RoR background (Rails 2.3 and 3). Skilled in TDD/BDD - if you cover all your code with specs and comments, and have a clear understanding what specs are used for, we're looking forward to talking to you!
- Strong experience in relational Databases. (performance/compatibility/fundamental features)
- Solid understanding of technical features inside End-2-End process and business use cases
- Experienced in modular applications: different independent parts with internal and external API's
- Solid analytical skills. Ability to think proactively and to cover all aspects of new feature/requirement
- Experienced in HTML, JS (Backbone, Angular JS) and mobile development frameworks
- Working knowledge of postgresql 9.2, triggers, stored procedures, constraints
- OOP history
- Unix/Linux experience
- Prototype and JQuery
- Completion of Ruby ODesk test 2.3
- Fast Learner
- Contributive thinker
- Good English, written and spoken (able to participate in Google Hangouts calls when necessary)
- Keen to work
- Amazon EC2 experience
- Team Player
Our company is based in Melbourne, Australia. When we hire candidates, our shifts are always managed from an Australian time zone calendar and we speak of times only from a Melbourne perspective.
Part of our recruitment process is to complete a basic Ruby task which we will send to you as part of the next step.
Looking forward to hearing from you! (Please put the word 'Elephant' in response so we can recognise that you've read and understood the application)
37 freelancers are bidding on average $34/hour for this job
Hi. Thank you for posting. I have 10+ years of experiences in web development. I can meet your requirements fully. Looking forward to work with you soon. Thanks.