Our " Scrapy & CASPER JS scraping dev", as part of the IT team, will write software for the extraction of web data, including code development, production and implementation, ensuring high quality idea generation, a rapid turnaround time on iterations and feedback, and awareness of best practices to deliver rapid results which can be sustained over time.
We use Scrapy/Python for part of the tasks, and Casper/PhantomJS for the rest.
Your initial task will be to set up a scraper for one TEST website, then we are open to partner on multiple concurrent assignments; specific requirements for our broader scraping needs, beyond the first trial website:
- Websites potentially requiring storage of cookies and session information
- Systematic capture of pricing, product information, and screenshots
- Distributed parallel scraping, with proxy rotation and task monitoring
Deliverables: plug-and-play software code to be used in our production environment.
• Freelancer(s) with demonstrable years of relevant scraping work
• Independent capability of code development to a professional B2B finish level
• Ability to design, plan and execute best-in-class Scrapy & JS-based scraping code
• Max 24hr response time, with constant communication in English for mutual feedback
• Availability to answer all of our screening questions and then do an initial paid trial project.
OUR OFFER TO YOU
• Prompt payments and transparent, positive feedback for your professional development
• Our young, dynamic and inclusive team: a professional but fun experience
• Flexible schedule working where/when you prefer
• Ability to grow your level of responsibility and potentially become part of our long-term team
• Growth opportunities within our merit-driven culture of investing in our staff.
We are an ambitious hard-working team, offering unparalleled opportunities: looking for a great fit with passionate people. Our remote contractors are vital to our team success and we expect that they align to our values, practices with all the benefits and responsibilities that this implies.
SELECTION PROCESS REQUIREMENTS (please address each point in your cover letter)
1. Your relevant qualifications and examples of Scrapy and CASPER JS-based past work (links please). Optionally: your LinkedIn profile and/or other relevant social media/GIT repositories
2. Top 3-5 ideas to write elegant scraping code – in very simple sentences, max one line each
3. Confirm that you can respond to our emails/questions within 24 hours (excl. holidays)
4. Your available start date AND how many available max hours/weeks of work you can dedicate to us
5. Preferred pay expectations per target website, with delivery of scraping code used (hourly rate and/or fixed fee)
After answering our job post, and addressing the questions above, we will:
• Screen candidates within 2-3 day max, based on the answers alone
• Offer a paid trial $50 fixed price job to 2-3 top shortlisted candidates
• Hire on an hourly rate, with screen-capture time tracking, no manually inputted time permitted
• Offer the optional potential for long-term work, based on mutual fit.
Please! Before we ‘hire’, DO NOT:
• reach out by email
• send private messages
• connect on Linkedin.
We take great pride in our hiring process treating it very seriously. We want to ensure a fair outcome for all candidates applying and as such, we only interview in person and connect AFTER the successful completion of the $50 paid trial. Please save any effort from marketing outreach, which would be wasted and follow the instructions above instead!
Happy applying, and welcome to our Evo Family!
23 freelancers are bidding on average £41/hour for this job
Hello, I have experience in web scraping with Python. I can use Selenium, Scrapy, BeautifulSoup and Requests to make the best web scrapers! I hope to work with you!
hi, expert in headless web automation, have worked on casperjs to automate few sites , aws scraper, and some cricket websites . i like [login to view URL] most .. please contact i've other links to show up. thanks.