I am looking for freelance support to take the initial customer service template that comes with MS Access and make adjustments that will enable us to use the database as our warranty returns database. This is currently handled on an Excel spreadsheet but could do with improvements. Additionally the basic data entry or lookup part should also work on our Sharepoint Foundation 2010 Intranet (hence the use of the MS Access Template as an idea, however we are not needing to use MS Access if everything can be achieved with Sharepoint alone).
The project centers around our Warranty Return process. If a technical advisor identifies a bigger issue that is worth capturing they add this to a spreadsheet. Should a return be required an incremental number is the unique identifier for the customer.
The current spreadsheet captures basic information such as source of contact, customer information (name, address, phone, email...) as well as the product and the customer reported issue. Once the product is returned the technical advisor goes through a number of quick tests to identify if it is a valid issue and then decides if it is returned, replaced, etc.
The fault code and description and the serial number are captures. Very basic reporting in the spreadsheet allow us to identify issues.
This speadsheet is difficult to manage and advisors make mistakes entering data. Additionally customer details should be kept in a separate database so they are searchable by previous cases, information etc.
When looking at the MS Access Customer Service template a lot of this information and functionality is already there.
What I feel like is missing for us to fully use it:
- a product database, also a database of related product issues. I dont know if that could be one DB or different ones. In the forms I would like to see cascading or dependent dropdowns so that technical advisors can find an issue very quick
- a "tests" database that lists all the tests bases on products.
- Added Reports to identify appearing product issues
- Changes to the input form. We dont have many repeat customers so the technical advisor would not go and create a customer first, to then look it up. I would like the New Case form to have all customer information entered (as well as lookup optional). When the form is saved this then writes a new customer entry into the customer DB.
- Changes to the Knowledgebase element: This should more act as "canned responses" pool where advisors can quickly look up and copy and paste common responses.
- A way to email or print an overview for the customer: unique identifying number, customer details, product issue reported, product tests done by staff, outcome of tests, decision of staff
- Changes to to New Case form to reflect these changes and make it user friendly.
For the start this would be it. I would be happy to receive quotes for this initial work and agree an hourly rate for all work that is "out of spec".
12 freelancers are bidding on average £190 for this job
Greetings, I am interested in this project. I have considerable expertise in the design and development of MS Access databases. I would be happy to discuss about your requirements. Regards.
Hello, I am very competent with MS Access and I can help with your task. Also, I can write additional SQL queries to come up with accurate reports for this task. Kindly hire me.