We are in need of a Windows component that can convert a MIDI file to a WAV file. We have a sequencer application that can be used for music composition using custom musical instruments (DLS). The sequencer can play the compositions and generate MIDI files for the same. However, we need a component (source code) which can take these MIDI files and convert them to WAV files. Here are the deliverables:
1. Source code for a component (in the form of a DLL with proper exports or a class library) that can take standard midi messages (including bank select/patch select for custom instruments, note on/off, pitch bend etc), pass them to the synthesizer (could be the Microsoft software synth or hardware synth, depending on user's hardware configuration), and retrieve the PCM samples generated by the synthesizer for the midi sequence. Note that the sequence does NOT necessarily use the [url removed, login to view] (general MIDI). It could use custom instruments which are loaded onto the synth using DLS files and DirectMusic API. Our application already does this while playing the sequence.
2. Save the retrieved samples above to a standard WAV file.
3. The source code must be compilable on Visual C++ 6 (preferably in C or C++, no C# please), with clear documentation of the DLL exports or class library (explaining the exported classes and functions).
4. An example application must be provided that integrates the DLL (if applicable) or the classes into an executable.
5. May use DirectX API (preferable). Can be implemented using DirectSound API or a custom DMO. These two techniques allow for real-time conversion (the sequence must be played in real time - converting 10 min MIDI file will take 10 minutes). Faster than real-time conversion is preferable (i.e. it should take much less than 10 mins to convery 10 min MIDI file to a WAV file).
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Visual C++ 6.0 SP5
Must be written in C or C++, no C#
The developer can assume that the target machines have DirectX 8.1+ installed on them.