I've reposted this project to more clearly define what I need. Perhaps the last job spec was too confusing and over-complicated.
I need a VB programmer to provide me with a set of functions, because I just don't have the time. Coder must work using VB5 or create VB5 compatible code.
The purpose of the functions will be to provide a basic backend for a telecommunications program that I am working on (personal project). NO GUI design is needed, but a demo app showing the function work is highly recommended.
A lot of these functions will be available as freeware code on the net (on PSC for example), but as I say, I don't have the time to put it all together. The winning bidder can use this code to piece together a set of functions, but they should be fully compatible with each other (i.e. there must be some kind of uniformity, and no multiple type declarations etc)
Preference will be given to coders who can do this without using OCX solutions, although Winsock, Cmdialog, and Wavestream OCXs are acceptable.
* Basic Server - will allow client connections
* Basic Client - will allow user to connect to server over a LAN
* Text (and Voice) Chat
* Server can chat to any client privately
* Server can broadcast message to all connected clients
* Server can split clients into rooms to chat
* Client can request help from server
* Basic whiteboard communication (nothing fancy)
* (Preference given to coders who can incorporate streaming voice chat - possibly using [url removed, login to view])
* File Transfer
* Server needs to transfer files to clients
Good commenting is essential
Full programming work done (all source code). Rights to use and modify source code. An executable is not needed. I would prefer if no OCXs/DLLs are used apart from the following:
The code will need to be functional under WinNT/2000
Only connections over LAN need be supported
## Deadline information
No special deadlines.
Quality and reliability is more important