We have some applications that we have built and we are planning on adding more plugins to the applications. Most of the work we are doing is fairly light and straightforward, but we desire a strong focus on testing and consistency.
This will largely involve making python functions that do some form of data collection or data extraction/formatting. The tasks themselves are relatively simple, but we want to make sure we have tests for them and that they handle exceptions appropriately.
• Get the Geolocation of an IP address
• Get Whois data for domain or IP
• Connect to an API and format the result
• List all files on FTP server
• Execute nmap command, extract fields and return result
• Data formatting
• Firm grasp of TCP/IP concepts (ports,protocols,banners,etc…)
• Working with APIs
• Pytest & Pylint (all modules will have tests written)
• Regex (A lot of the work will be extracting data)
• Python3 virtualenvs
• Building Python3 packages and package structure
• Git (knowing basics of branching,ignore files, commit, etc… is fine)
Please address at least some of the skills in your response (or else I’ll probably assume you didn’t read the requirement). We plan on this being a longer term engagement (at least 3 months) with about 40 hours per week, so please expect a thorough interview process.
Because this is a longer term project, we’re going to ask that you complete a test function so that we can see how you approach a problem and basic coding ability. The test task should take roughly 15mins – 2 hours depending on your experience.
Please let me know in your response what schedule you would plan to work in PST timezone. We would prefer that you work during the same time as our team.