I have a few questions about these topics:
1. What core services does the network layer provide?
2. Can you explain the differences between routing and forwarding?
3. Can you work with 32-bit IPv4 addresses in terms of sub-netting, variable length subnet masking, and super-netting?
4. What are the algorithms used to compute shortest-path-routes in a network (e.g. Dijkstra, Bellman Ford)?
5. Can you compare and contrast distance vector and link state routing protocols?
6. Why do we need different protocols for Intra-domain and Inter-domain routing?
7. How does Inter-domain routing (e.g. BGP) work?
8. What is IP multicast? What are the different approaches to multicast routing and how do they work?
Data Link Layer
1. What core services does the data link layer provide?
2. What are some basic approaches to error detection and correction and how do they work?
3. What is medium access control? When is it necessary?
4. What are the different approaches to medium access control?
5. Can you explain how Ethernet works, and in particular how Ethernet’s CSMA/CD protocol for medium access control works?
6. Can you explain fundamental concepts such as Ethernet switches, and how do they implement adaptive learning?
7. Can you explain the fundamental principles behind virtual LANs? 8. How does ARP work in IPv4?
1. What core services does the transport layer provide?
2. Why do we need pipelined protocols to implement reliable data transfer?
3. How does pipelining impact network utilization in reliable data transfer protocols?
4. What are the two types of pipelined rdt protocols and how do they differ from each other?
5. What are the causes/costs of network congestion?
6. What are the mechanisms by which TCP implements congestion avoidance and control?
7. How do congestion control and flow control mechanisms interact in TCP?
8. Can you contrast TCP with UDP in terms of the applications that use them?
Network Security and Protocol Perils
1. Crypto basics
2. What are the Protocol perils at the data link layer? What are the possible countermeasures?
3. Building on the data link layer attacks, what are the Protocol perils at the network layer? What are the possible countermeasures?
4. Building on the network and data link layer attacks, what are the Protocol perils at the transport layer? What are the possible countermeasures?
5. Building on transport, network and data link layer attacks, what are the Protocol perils at the application layer? What are the possible countermeasures?
6. If you are given a real-world scenario, can you analyze the potential network security threats and design appropriate countermeasures?
27 freelancers are bidding on average $107 for this job
I am a network engineer with 6-year experience. I can answer and explain all the questions mentioned here. I am fluent in English. Looking forward to work on the project.
Dear Sir, I have gone through project description and interested taking it up. Posted bid amount is indicative and a more accurate I can give once more details are shared. Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks
Hi mate. I’m an expert in TCP/IP and know the TCP/IP and OSI stack extremely well. I’d be happy to take on this project. I would love to be awarded this one. Let me know :) Cheers.
Hi, I'd like to express interest in the job that you've posted. I've read all the questions and I can answer all the questions to the point, as I am an MCSE, CCNA, CCNP. Thank you.
Dear Sir, I'm a security and network engineer with more than 4 years experience. I'm interested by your offer and can answer those questions. Contact me for collaboration. Best regards.