* Using the Adobe XMP SDK ([url removed, login to view]), create a new schema that will allow creation, updating, and deletion of custom data in XMP packet specific for our app (see [url removed, login to view] for sample data to use). This custom data will be stored with the attached image ([url removed, login to view]) as metadata in the XMP format.
* Compile XMP SDK for Mac (XCode 4) and Windows ([url removed, login to view] 2010).
* Create sample app that will allow creation/update/delete of all custom data.
* Sample app needs to run on Mac and Windows 32/64 bit. App can be develop using .NET, VB, or RealBasic.
Images, such as JPG, will store EXIF, XMP and other metadata with the image. This data usually includes camera specific information, author, comments, date/time image was created etc..
We would like to store our app specific data in the XMP format, using the XMP SDK, which will save as metadata with the image and preserve all existing metadata that may already exist.
The determination for success are as follows:
1. Add custom data using the XMP SDK (see attached file for data needed to store)
2. Save the image the image using the XMP SDK
3. Open the image in Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom
4. Save the image in Photoshop or Lightroom
5. Then read the data (again) with a sample app using the XMP SDK to ensure that our custom data is present AND all other metdata elements are available and not corrupted.